Saturday, January 23, 2010

Psychiatry


No..no..no..not me having psychiatry problem..I'm having my psychiatry posting now...
Today I have my first interview with psychiatry patient.May be because of stigma of psychiatry...I felt bits nervous initially.I afraid of asking the sensitive question and make the patient irritated...and I did mistake from the beginning-recording down what the patient said.It appeared to the patient that I did not pay attention to what he was talking...But indeed i was paying attention...
Anyway,I think it's hard to share something troubling you to a stranger.I felt so grateful that the patient shared his experience with us..During the whole interview,I was out of questions...I felt like want to understand the patient,but somehow in my mind I just don't know how to...
In the past,when I was sharing friend's problem..I'm doing it heart by heart,not bothering what actually the diagnosis is...But this time,because I wanted to figure out what the diagnosis is,I did it so structurely.I don't know how was the patient felt after the interview...But I saw him covered himself from head to toes when I left the ward... Was he taking a nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment